NYC apartment = no grill. By all means, use one if ya got one.
Tip: Serve with arugula and tomatoes splashed with balsamic vinegar, and cranberry wild rice with toasted almonds and pumpkin seeds (pictured). Or, choose your favorite flavorful side dish and salad.
- 4 portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stems trimmed to be flush with caps
- ⅛- ¼ cup Earth Balance or olive oil (depending on size of mushrooms)
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, place Earth Balance or olive oil, thyme and marjoram. Heat until mixture begins to bubble.
- Add mushrooms (with the top side down) and reduce to medium heat. Cover, and cook 3 minutes. Turn mushrooms and cook flip side until tender when pierced with a knife (3-5 minutes).
- Serve hot -- whole, sliced in half, or sliced in strips.