Rosemary and garlic make this comfort food even more comforting.
Note: Truthfully, you hardly need measurements to make mashed potatoes. Throw in more potatoes if more than two or three of you are eating, and chop up more rosemary if you do. Add as much coconut milk as you need to get the consistency you want, and salt and pepper to taste. (You get the idea.)
- 5 to 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 3 large cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon plant-based butter (like Earth Balance)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- coconut milk (I use the thicker version that comes in a can from Trader Joe's)
- ½ teaspoon of salt, plus more to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Place potatoes, garlic, and ½ teaspoon of salt in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Return the potatoes and garlic to the saucepan. Beat with handheld mixer until well combined. Add plant-based butter and rosemary, and beat until smooth.
- Start with 1 tablespoon of coconut milk and beat into the potato mixture. Add more coconut milk in 1-tablespoon increments until desired consistency is reached. Season with salt and pepper to taste.