Thank the The Skinny Bitch for this indulgence.
Photo by APB: Eats
The only catch -- you need a Madeleine baking pan!
Author: The Skinny Bitch via APB: Eats
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup vegan powdered sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup Earth Balance spread, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a Madeleine cookie pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and almond extracts, and the powdered sugar. Stir in the flour and baking powder until well combined. Add the Earth Balance and mix until smooth.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of batter into each mold.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- When cooled, remove from molds and place on a plate, shell side up.