You don’t need dairy or eggs to enjoy this Mexican-inspired favorite. In fact, you barely need recipe measurements.
Note: If you’re following this recipe and oven-roasting the corn, be sure to leave it in its husk. It’s the best (and easiest) way to seal in the flavor.
Mexican Street Corn (Elote), Vegan Style
If you’re following this recipe and oven-roasting the corn, be sure to leave it in its husk. It’s the best (and easiest) way to seal in the flavor.
Author: APB: Eats
- 4 ears of sweet corn (do not shuck!)
- ¼ cup vegan mayo (I used Hampton Creek's Just Mayo)
- 1 batch cashew Parmesan cheese
- Chili powder or cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1-2 limes, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim any silks hanging from the end of the corn husks, then place corn (unshucked) directly onto the oven rack. Roast for 30 minutes. Peel down the husks to use as a handle when eating.
- Spread an even amount of vegan mayo onto each corn cob. Dress each one with cashew Parmesan cheese, chili powder or cayenne pepper, and cilantro. Squeeze a lime wedge onto each cob, and get to it.